Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Victory


I thoroughly enjoy watching the Olympics. I enjoyed watching the opening ceremony, I enjoy watching the competition, and I enjoy watching the joy of the awards ceremony.
As I watch the Olympics, my attention is almost always on the athletes, but I know there is a coach that has guided that athlete to the point of victory. The relationship between coach and athlete is much like our relationship with God. The coach knows the right way for the athlete to train and eat, and if that athlete is going to succeed, the athlete must be willing to accept the authority of the coach.
Why? Because the athlete believes the coach knows better than he does what makes a winner. When you truly believe in a person of authority, you follow that person in complete obedience.
God knows how we should live. God knows how to lead us to victory. Are you willing to follow Him completely?
James 1:22
“ Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.”

In Him
J. Tom Washburn

No comments:

Post a Comment