Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Call To Focus

This past week I went to my sister-in-laws funeral. As a part of that celebration (and it really was a celebration) several women read from a book that Sharon had put together over several years. The book listed what Sharon believed. I was impressed that anyone would take the time and thought to list the bedrock beliefs that guided their life. I was so moved by the reading that I thought it would be good for me (everyone) to start my list of things I believe.

I Believe:
I believe Jesus is The Son of God.
I believe every word of the Bible is true.
I believe God created the world and everything that is.
I believe God knows my name.
I believe Jesus loves me.
I believe Jesus lived a perfect life.
I believe His Church is precious to Him.
I believe I am saved by grace through faith in Him.
I believe baptism is where I come in contact with the forgiving blood of Jesus Christ.
I believe in God the father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, and even though I don't totally understand it, I believe they are one.
I believe God has placed His Holy Spirit inside me.
I believe God hears my prayers.
I believe God puts me where I need to be, in order to give Him glory.
I believe I am not alone.
I believe Jesus will return some day.
I believe He has prepared a place for me.
I believe I am forgiven.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful words from a beautiful heart! Thanks for encouraging me today! Thanks, Becky

    ReplyDelete