Friday, May 20, 2022

Last Sermon for awhile

Next Sunday will be the last Sunday that I can worship with the Austin Avenue Church Of Christ in person for a little over three months. I am not looking forward to that absence because this church body has been a great source of strength to Julie and me. While I cannot feel your hugs and see your smiles, I know of your great love. You blessed Julie and me with the freedom to work on my treatments and recovery. You took away so many concerns with your generous gift. We know we are not alone; you surround us with support; even when we cannot see you physically, we know of your love and concern. We are not alone; we know that Christ is with us every step of the way. I am reminded of David’s great passage of comfort, “even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for thou art with me.” This next Sunday, I want to share the most important message I know how to give. I want to talk to you about pursuing God. It is not about rules; it is about relationship. I am grateful that God has led me to this point and this place. I want you to know the peace that comes from trusting in Christ and trusting that He is enough. For all of those who are in covenant with Him, trust Him. For those who are not in covenant with Him, don’t wait any longer. The next step in my treatment will not be easy, but it is necessary. God has prepared Julie to be my caregiver. God has prepared me to endure. God has prepared you to be a light of faithful trust to a whole community that is watching. May we all live a life worthy of our calling. In Him J. Tom Washburn

12 comments:

  1. Continued prayers for you both Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers from Dallas / Ted Kell and family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continued prayers for you, Julie, your family and all those who are and will be ministering you to all in any way. Lone you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for you, Julie and all your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers and love for you and family

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and you family are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Y’all are in our prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks. Will be praying for your recovery ❤️‍🩹

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love and prayers for you, Julie and family. May God bless you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prayers for YOU, Julie & family! We LOVE YOU, Dudley & Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tom we pray for you and Julie every day looking forward to the end of this ordeal and having you back with us again. Remember to keep a positive attitude. I don't think the Lord is through with you here yet. You are right, there is a community watching so remember "It matters how you Live"!! Lol

    ReplyDelete