Thursday, November 10, 2022

Re-mis-sion

Yesterday the Doctor told Julie and me that I was now in remission. What a great word, remission. In my case, the word remission means the diminution of the seriousness of my disease. It is not gone, but it is quiet, and it should not be in control of my schedule or my activities as much anymore. It has been a whole year since my pain or my doctor appointments and medicine schedule have not been the preeminent factors in my day. I do not know how long remission will last, but I will enjoy every day it does. Remission, what a great word. The first time I remember hearing the word remission was in Sunday School. Acts 2:38 “Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.” KJV In Acts 2, remission is defined as the cancellation of a debt. I am blessed. I have experienced the medical and spiritual definitions of remission. We live in a sick and broken world that desperately needs remission. If your world is ever going to experience remission, it may only happen if you live on mission. Will you allow God to use you to share His healing power of the soul? Will you allow Him to use you to share Jesus Christ? In Him J. Tom Washburn

3 comments:

  1. So thankful for both kinds of remission. So thankful you received the good news; but I will keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful to hear you are in remission and hopefully that also means you are feeling so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news on both fronts!

    ReplyDelete