Wednesday, January 28, 2009

For The Glory Of God

When I come to the end of Genesis, I am always amazed at the words of Joseph when he says "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives."(Gen. 50:20)
In Romans 8:28 Paul writes "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, and who have been called according to His purpose."
What an awesome thing it is to know, that in every situation in life, God is in control and God is working for the good of those who love Him. When Joseph was sold into slavery, when Joseph was in the prison, I don't think he knew what God had in store for him. God was working, and God was doing what was best for Joseph and for everyone involved.
Too often, we only believe that God is working when things are going according to our plans. God's agenda is better than my agenda and in all things God works. He prepares paths and He prepares me, and in His time we go from the prison to the palace, for His glory.
My task is to stay faithful, My task is to offer myself to Him each day, and when that day comes, My task is to tell what The Lord has done.
In Him
J. Tom Washburn

No comments:

Post a Comment