Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Going Back

Over the past two weeks, I have been blessed to be able to travel back to my old stomping grounds. As I was looking around I noticed that many things had changed. I noticed that the towns were much bigger and the old houses seemed much smaller. There is a part of me that wants everything to stay the same, so that I can return to the way it was, but I am not the way I was.
Things grow or they die. Things change or they fade away. Those statements are true of my body, of my development, of almost every area of my life. Those statements are true of everything except Christ. Heb 13:88 says "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."
There is only one thing in my life that I can rely on to never change. There is only one rock that I can put all my hope in.
Jesus Christ is that one unchangeable thing in an ever changing world.
In Him
J. Tom Washburn

No comments:

Post a Comment