Thursday, February 19, 2009

Feet

Rom 10:15
15 And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"
(NIV)
I have never been one to admire feet. Feet can hurt, feet can smell bad, and feet can get dirty in ways I don’t even want to imagine. Feet have toes and toes have toe nails that when unkempt, can look unsightly. No, I don’t enjoy looking at feet; however I admire what feet do.
Feet carry the body, feet get people from place to place and feet are willing to endure the agony of there job so that the rest of the body can do what it was made for.
As The Body of Christ, we are made to share the message and the glory of Christ to the world, and we need feet to get that done. We need people who are willing to support the ministry of Christ. We need people who are willing to give of there means and of themselves so that others can be sent to share Christ with a lost and dying world.
Feet may not be the most attractive part of the body, but in The Body of Christ, even I must admit, they are beautiful.
In Him
J. Tom Washburn

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for ending my week on this. I love the book of Romans. I am so blessed to be in The Body of Christ.

    ReplyDelete