Thursday, May 7, 2009

Dirty Diapers


Recently I read my nieces blog, she had a dirty diapers count, 705 dirty diapers and counting. It made me laugh. I wondered how many dirty diapers my wife and I took care of. I know she took care of a lot more than I did. It’s funny the things we keep track of, dirty diapers, broken bottles, spilt milk.
I am so glad that I have a Heavenly Father who doesn’t keep track of dirty diapers. He has forgiven my messes, my spilt milk, and my sin. What my Heavenly Father keeps track of is me. What my Heavenly Father delights over is me. I am so blessed.
Zeph 3:17
17 The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."
(NIV)
In Him
J. Tom Washburn

1 comment:

  1. I am with you on this. Thankfully our Father does not keep track, otherwise, we would be so discouraged. By the way, my diaper count is there to make me laugh. We are going to celebrate at 1000. You have to make lemonade out of what seems to be just lemons. Thanks for the reminder of how full of grace God is.

    ReplyDelete