Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Beauty

Recently my wife received a card in the mail that carried with it a powerful message. The card was a quote from The Great House Of God by Max Lucado.
“Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, “Do you like it? I did it just for you.”” When we opened the card there was a passage from The Message “Take a good look at God’s wonders – they’ll take your breath away.” (Psalm 66:5)
In my life I have been blessed. I have seen the beautiful sunsets of the west Texas plains and I have seen the colors of an Oklahoma storm. I have seen the majesty of mountains and the colors of a coral reef. We do live in a symphony God is performing just for us.
But do you know what takes away my breath even more than the beauty of this earth, the loving acts of God’s created; an older couple holding hands, parents holding their baby, friends selflessly supporting each other. I see God’s love in waiting rooms, with the quiet support of caring friends, I see God’s love at finish lines, with cheering friends after a long hard race. As beautiful as God’s creation is, the hearts of God’s created is breathtaking.
In Him
J. Tom Washburn

1 comment: