Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Goal


Recently I went to a hockey game and I found myself thinking about how God works in my life. I know what you are thinking, “how could anyone see how God works while watching hockey?” As much as I like hockey, hockey is not about big men on skates running into each other while holding a stick (club), hockey is about putting the puck in the right place so that “maybe” somebody might have the opportunity of putting the puck into the goal.
I would like to think that life is like a computer (a working computer), if I push this button, input the right data and hit that key, then I will get the result I want. Life doesn’t always work that way. My job, in life, is to press on, put myself in the right place, time and time, again so that God can use me. In hockey, control is relative. In my life control is relative, there is always an enemy that wants to take my life away, but my job is to put myself in right place so that God can use me and ultimately take me to the goal.
Philippians 3:14 “I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”
So when it feels like you are being pushed around in every direction, press on towards the goal, put yourself under Gods’ control and know that He will take you to the goal.

In Him
J. Tom Washburn

No comments:

Post a Comment