Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Be Still

Ps 37:77 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; ...(NIV)
Ps 46:1010 "Be still, and know that I am God; ...(NIV)
Zech 2:1313 Be still before the LORD, ...(NIV)
Have you ever had one of those days. Have you ever approached the throne of God in prayer and when you got there, there was nothing to say. How many times does scripture tell us to "be still before the Lord"? I have found myself doing that lately. He knows the desires of my heart, He knows the dreams I long for and He hears what I don't know how to put into words.
Today I prayed one of those prayers that has no words, I tried to be still, and He lifted me up and reminded me that He is always near.
And so I offer this prayer now, "God, thank you."
In Him
J. Tom Washburn

2 comments:

  1. And I am so thankful that God does know what's on my heart and that he listens even when I don't even have to say a word. And lately there's been so much on my heart I don't know how to express it all and I'm thankful that He hears it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful we serve a God who knows us, loves us dearly, and listens to our hearts.

    ReplyDelete