Thursday, March 19, 2009

Count Your Blessings

I was reading my sister-in-laws blog the other day, and she had one that was entitled "Counting your blessings is a full time job". I remember growing up and singing a song that had the words "count your blessings name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord has done." When was the last time you stopped and just savored the blessings God has lavished you with? God has given me a wife who loves me, ... thank you. God has blessed me with children, ... thank you. God has given me a few talents, ... thank you. Everything in my life that is good, God has blessed me with, ... thank you. God has blessed me with a good family and good friends, ... thank you. God has given me the opportunity to proclaim His love and hope to unknown numbers of people He loves, ... thank you.
There is no way that I deserve what God has done for me, so I bow my head and say thank you. There is one other prayer I offer, God I am yours, use me.
James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.(NIV)
In Him
J. Tom Washburn

No comments:

Post a Comment