Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A God Who Cares For Me

This morning, Julie shared with me a passage she was reading in her daily Bible reading. “Be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live.” (Deut. 4:9)
I am beginning to think that the word “impossible” defines our faith. God loved doing the “impossible”, the “improbable” and the “unexpected”. Satan is constantly telling us what is “impossible”, “improbable” and “unreasonable”. How many times have we told ourselves that “Nothing good can ever come out of this?” That may be true except for God, He likes to do the impossible. God took a baby found in a river and turned him into the leader of Israel. God took a virgin and gave her a child, who saves the world. God takes sinners and transforms them into His children, and God takes hearts full of despair and gives them hope.
I don’t always know how God does the impossible, but today I saw God at work. I needed somebody to talk to. A friend who lives hundreds of miles from my home showed up today, unannounced and unexpected. Before I ever knew I would need somebody to talk to, God started my friend on a journey. Some might say that was just “luck”, but you know what I saw today, I saw the hand of a God who cares for me.
I am going to put today in my heart and remember “I have a God who cares for me.”

In Him
J. Tom Washburn

1 comment:

  1. Tom, You are a special believer. Thanks for sharing your heart with us. When I think of Christ's sacrifice, I know that he has saved us from self-justification, self-verification, self-righteousness and almost any thing else that we can put after self...

    In Him, Carroll Burcham

    ReplyDelete