Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ears to hear

Ps 25:4-5 Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.(NIV)
Recently my prayers have included a phrase that describes my hearts desire, when it comes to my walk of faith. The phrase is this "Lord, give me ears to hear, so you only have to tell me once." God has said in Heb 13:5-6 "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?""(NIV) I want that faith, so today, I am making the choice to trust God. Today I proudly proclaim "I trust God." When the car breaks down, I trust God. When the air conditioner freezes over, I trust God. When dreaded news comes, I trust God. When my life is over, I want to be able to look back and say "I trusted God."
In Him
J. Tom Washburn

No comments:

Post a Comment