Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Looking Down

As I looked at all the school supplies that are being prepared for the kids, I remembered a time in my life when I felt unworthy. I remember the feeling of having others look down on me because I wasn't as "cool" as they were. I remember the fear of having others look down on me because I didn't have the right kind of shoes, clothes, or stuff. I remember how others looked down on me because I wasn't athletic, cool or smart. I remember being the last one to be chosen and I remember being the smallest one in my class.
I hated it when people looked down on me, it made me feel unworthy and unwanted.
I don't think Jesus ever looked down on anyone,... except once. As Jesus hung on the cross He looked down and said "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." (Luke 23:34)

In Him
J. Tom Washburn

No comments:

Post a Comment