Friday, August 21, 2009

Waiting


Waiting has never been my strong suit. Even when I knew something was coming, waiting was hard. I remember playing with those old Jack-In-The-Box toys and I jumping every time Jack popped out. I knew it was coming, but I was still surprised. I remember waiting for Christmas morning, time seemed to drag on and on, I knew it was coming, I even knew when it was coming, but it was still hard to wait.
When Jesus feeds the 5000 men, He gives thanks before the food is given out, have you ever asked yourself "Why did Jesus give thanks?". I think He may have been giving thanks for what God was about to do.
As children of God, we should stop from time to time and give thanks for what God is about to do. He already knows the blessings awaiting us. He already knows the transformation working inside of us. He already knows the glory prepared for us.
As I try and patiently wait for the blessings of God, I am asking God to give me expectant eyes and a faith filled heart.

Jer 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
(NIV)

In Him
J. Tom Washburn

2 comments:

  1. Tom,
    It is so hard to wait even for blessings we know will come, as I know your house will sell, maybe God is waiting for the house to be a real blessing for someone that is not even in Enid yet. You never know. The house will sell when God is ready for it to sell. Love you. Barbara

    ReplyDelete