Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Prayer - Discovery


There are times when we can not wait to go to God in prayer, and then there are other times when it seems like we have to drag ourselves to God in prayer.
I love watching little children, the enthusiasm of new discovery. How can you keep from smiling when you watch a child discover a butterfly for the first time, or a worm, or a firefly? Children always want to show their great discovery to mom or dad. It warms your heart as you watch and listen to a child tell of their great discovery or adventure.
I have also seen children reluctant to tell parents of mishaps or mistakes.
I think the biggest thing that keeps people away from prayer, is sin. We don't want to let God know of our mistakes.
What we forget is that God wants us to bring Him, not only our discoveries, He also wants us to bring Him our sins. He loves to watch our eyes open with discovery, and He longs to lift our eyes back to His with forgiveness.

Ps 121:1-2
1 I lift up my eyes to the hills-- where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
(NIV)


Ps 147:11
11 the LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.
(NIV)

In Him
J. Tom Washburn

No comments:

Post a Comment