Tuesday, November 10, 2009

New Glasses - New Eyes


This past week I got a new pair of glasses. My last pair of glasses were single vision glasses, these are progressive. Everyone tells me I will love these glasses, but right now I am having to learn how to look at the world differently. You see, every part of the lens has a different focus point so that I can see clearly at any distance. Before I could only see one way, but now I can see more.
The thing I like about these glasses (besides the fact that they make me look cool) is that the easiest place to focus is at the top of the lens. The world is in focus when I look up. There is a great spiritual lesson there.
Ps 121:1-2 "I lift up my eyes to the hills-- where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. (NIV)"
There is another thing I have noticed about these glasses, people are not in focus when I look down on them, I must look straight at them in order to see them in focus. Rom 14:10 "You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? ...(NIV)"
I think I am going to like these progressive lenses, they remind me of the new eyes God wants me to have.
In Him
J. Tom Washburn

No comments:

Post a Comment