Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Trying to find the name

This past Sunday, I informed the congregation that I may have multiple myeloma. So this week, I went to see the cancer doctor, and he assured me that I don't have cancer until he sees cancer in a definitive test result. So I am now going to have more tests, and this time, they will be targeted to find specific markers. As I listened to the doctor, I thought how about how much our fears guide our decisions. Julie and I are not afraid of what is ahead of us. We want to know what to expect. I found myself preaching to myself, Tom, you are not in control. God is in control. Trust God. How many times have I seen God clear a path in front of me? How many times have I felt His presence beside me? How many times has He protected me? How many times has He provided unexpectedly? Since God has been faithful up to this point, don't question His faithfulness at this point. When I tuned back into what the doctor was saying (there were many things I did not understand), all of a sudden, it didn't matter. There was no urgency because I am God's favorite child, and He is holding my hand. Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment