Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Humbled

In my life, I have always tried to take care of myself. If I could do a job, I would do it. If it needed to be lifted, I would try and do it. If something needed to be done for the group, I would figure out how to take care of it. Like most Texans, I thought my stubbornness was an attribute, not a weakness. The truth of the matter is that my stubbornness was just selfishness in a macho set of clothes. Recently I have had to humble myself and ask for help. Monday, my macho self showed up, and I ended up straining my back. If you have ever had somebody put a knife in your back and turn it wildly, you understand the pain. So, Tuesday, I asked Melinda to carry my bag to the car because I could not. Wednesday, I asked Donita to help me take off my coat since I could not do it myself. Finally, Julie went to the store and bought me a cane to get up and down and walk with less pain. I am learning that God has surrounded me (and you) with all of the help we need to live the life He wants us to live. A life that glorifies Him and depends on His provisions. Humility is seldom anyone's first choice, but in the upside-down nature of the Kingdom of God, it is the best choice. P.S. on November 16th, I hope to give everyone a definite name for the illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment