Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Faithful through the test of Grace

Dear Family Have you ever considered the testing of grace? Over a month ago, I shared that my health was not as good as we would like. This past week my doctors informed me that I most definitely have Multiple Myeloma (Cancer) and that treatment needs to begin soon. I will be having Radiation and Chemo for what looks like most of 2022; however, the outlook is excellent. My goal is to stand before you and preach as often as my health permits. I began this letter with the phrase, the testing of grace. I truly believe God is good and faithful, even in our hurting. If God had not allowed me to suffer, I would have never gone to see my doctor. If I hadn’t had the blood test, I would have never had the CT scan that pointed the doctors to the markers of something more serious. Understanding the testing of grace is the understanding that God works, and He works for my good in all things. Yes, He can use pain to remind me of His presence and His provisions. I am so grateful for your prayers and your concern. Please don’t let your concern take you away from your opportunity to praise God for His mercy, His grace, and the Promise we all carry. In Him J. Tom Washburn

5 comments:

  1. Tom,first of all I want to say we love you dearly and that you and your family will be in our prayers. And hope to see u soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom—the Kell family will join you in prayer as you begin this uncertain journey with a certain God and a supportive, loving, faithful family of faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our prayers are with you. May God's comfort carry you through what's ahead.

    Kirk & Doris Woolery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our prayers are with you. May God's comfort carry you through what's ahead.

    ReplyDelete