Wednesday, December 22, 2021

On Your Mark, Get Set, Go

Well, we have reached the time when I am about to begin treatment. I would love to say that I am excited, but the truth is that I am a little nervous about what the next year holds. On Monday, I will begin my Radiation treatments (ten in all), and I will also start Chemo injections and Chemo pills. The regiment is a little overwhelming. I will take an IV for bone growth one time a month. The injections are two times a week for two weeks and then two weeks off. The pills are three weeks on and one week off. There are other pills to help with the pain and stamina. Right now, my head is swimming, wondering how I will keep up with all of this, but I know we will figure it out. I started by saying that I am a little nervous about the year. I don't know why I am worried. I know that there will be discomfort, but I also know that God is preparing blessings for me. Those blessings will always show up at just the right time. I love the faithfulness of God. I love the people of God that allow God to use them for blessing others. When I look back on 2022, my prayer is that the discomfort I will face is nothing compared to the fabulous presence and blessings God has there waiting for me. In Him J. Tom Washburn

3 comments:

  1. Tom I think you have had a great attitude about this whole thing and God and I are on your side. I know may others are too. We will see how God is Glorified through your walk through this battle. 2Samuel 22

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you & Julie as you begin this chapter. God will go with you through it all! Our family loves your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for you, Julie, and the family. Sendng love and hugs as well. You got this!!

    ReplyDelete