Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Be a FROG

Mickey Elrod was a good friend. She had a profound influence on everyone who knew her. For example, in the school where Mickey worked, they honored her by placing FROGS as decorations in strategic places. I never thought of Mickey as a reptile person, but when I asked her husband Michael about the frogs, he explained it to me. FROG is an acronym for Fully Rely On God, and Mickey was a great example of that acronym. 2022 is the year of the FROG for me. I have always tried to rely on God, but I will lean into that faith action even more, this year. Today I started the radiation treatment, so I am actively involved in all my cancer treatments. I have injections twice a week, Chemo pills every day, and ten radiation treatments. I also have a bone treatment once a month, and just for fun, I will have an upper and lower G.I. I only include the medical stuff because I know you care about me. All your love and concern humble me, but God’s got this. I need to be a better FROG. My goal is to be faithful through the journey and give God glory in all that occurs. In Him J. Tom Washburn

No comments:

Post a Comment