Thursday, January 27, 2022

A Cup of Hope

Many years ago, I learned to quit asking a question when the answer is yes. There is a similar truth in prayer, when God sends relief, give thanks. This past Monday, Julie and I got the results from the first round of treatments. The news was fantastic. The markers the doctors were watching were reduced by two-thirds or more in just one round. Of course, there will still be eight to ten rounds of treatment remaining, but the only response I can find in my heart is to rejoice. I know there will be difficult days and good days throughout this journey, and no matter what the day holds, I can choose to rejoice because I know He is with me, He sees me, and He knows what He has prepared for me to endure and accomplish. The bottom line is this; I choose to praise God because I trust God in everything. The only real troubles I will ever face are the troubles that come when I act according to my will with no reliance on God. Today I rejoice for the encouraging news. But, tomorrow, if troubling news comes my way, I will rejoice because God is still with me and holding me up. Phil 4:4-5 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! In Him J. Tom Washburn

2 comments:

  1. We are so thankful for the great results and will be praying for continued healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good all the time and all the time God is .....

    ReplyDelete