Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Blessed Man

Yesterday I received blood. Julie and I sat at the cancer center for nearly seven and a half hours while they gave me blood. I thought my devotional today would be about how the blood gives life and color and strength, not just to my body but how His blood gives life to my soul. But, instead, my mind was taken a different direction while I watched my wife sit quietly in a chair next to me all day long. The lesson I learned yesterday is that I am not alone. Since October 10th, Julie has not left my side. She wants me to know that I am not facing this alone. In so many ways, Julie shows me, Christ. When the Doctors give me less than good news, she takes my hands, looks me in the eyes, and says, we can do this. When I need help, she gently helps me up. She is the physical manifestation of what Christ is doing for me in the greater reality. He sits with me in the difficult times, He encourages me in the discouragements, and He lifts me when I have no strength of my own. I am a blessed man, and the presence of God surrounds me. I pray that my eyes will never close to His company. In Him. J. Tom Washburn

4 comments:

  1. Yes, you are blessed with a wonderful wife and she is so supportive of you when you are in the pulpit also! Praying for comfort for both of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without a doubt Julie is SPECIAL but you have known that long before this episode in your life. Hundreds, perhaps thousands, are holding your hands and looking you in the eyes and telling you, you are NOT alone. You are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie as always been an inspiration to me on what a true lady of lord looks,speaks and acts like. I'm proud to follow her as she follows christ. ❤

    ReplyDelete