Friday, March 18, 2022

Ding, Ding, Round Four

We have finished three rounds of treatment with an extra procedure just for fun. Round four starts this Monday. I wish I could tell you I knew what to expect, but each round has had challenges all its’ own. Even though I can not see around the corner, even though I do not know what this round holds for me, there are some things I know for sure. I know that Julie will stay with me and pray for me through whatever is ahead. I know that Christ is the ever-present unseen companion on this journey. I know this is just for a time. I know there is coming a day when the “C” word will not take up so much of my thoughts. I know this low-level constant pain will someday be a distant memory. I know that eventually, I will have my strength back. I know that someday I will be able to walk and even run without growing faint. I am reminded of the passage in Isa 40:29-31 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. N.I.V. I look forward to the day when my cane stands in the corner and is unneeded. Until that day comes, I will lean on the arms of my wife, family, and friends, and I will lean heavily into the power of Christ. In Him J. Tom Washburn Fully Rely On God

1 comment:

  1. Cancer is so limited...
    It cannot cripple love.
    It cannot shatter hope.
    It cannot corrode faith.
    It cannot eat away peace.
    It cannot destroy confidence.
    It cannot kill friendship.
    It cannot shut out memories.
    It cannot silence courage.
    It cannot reduce eternal life.
    It cannot quench the Spirit.

    Author: Dr. Robert L. Lynn

    ReplyDelete