Friday, March 11, 2022

Health Update and Old Clothes

Before I share with you some of the things I have learned from my journey, I want to share with you my present health update. I am still in treatment and some days are better than others. The past two or three weeks have been difficult. Every treatment cycle seems to come with its own challenges and new side effects. This cycle seemed to have more nausea than the first two cycles. The new development of this cycle is that my skin feels like it has been scalded. I have a hard time feeling hot or cold and whenever I am touched, it feels like little pins are rubbing on my skin. This past week my legs have felt like they are on fire from the inside, and it seems to have weakened my legs a bit. Next week I will have an upper and lower G.I. procedure and then my body can rest until the twenty-first. All in all, I am doing well, and I am grateful to have a good family and church family. Old Clothes In Colossians chapter 3, Paul talks about getting rid of the old and clothing yourself with the new. This past weekend Julie and I went to a mall, and we found some new clothes that fit my new shape. My old clothes don’t fit the new shape I carry around. My old pants, fall right off if I don’t tighten my belt. My shirts just hang off my shoulders. It was time for the things people see on the outside to match the things that are going on with the inside. As Christians, we need to change clothes. The old clothes of greed, anger, rage, slander, and malice don’t fit the new you. We don’t need to try and make them fit. Words like “that’s just the way I am” aren’t true of the new you. We need to let those old clothes fall away and we need to clothe ourselves with clothes that show the world our new character. Compassion, kindness, humility, and gentleness are the new wardrobe of the Christian. So, check your closet. Get rid of all those old clothes that don’t belong in your life any longer. Let the world know, let the world see, that you are a new creation, and the old things are gone forever. In Him J. Tom Washburn

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing and inspiring all of us !! Sorry you have not felt as well lately but know that you are moving forward in this fight and letting God lead you .....You always make me want to have more faith and make my life to be stronger in the Lord !

    ReplyDelete