Friday, March 25, 2022

And this too shall pass.

This past week, Julie and I got some good news. We started this journey with my numbers being around 5,738 and after only three rounds of treatment, my numbers are now 640. The Doctor said that because the numbers are looking this good, we should only have three more rounds of this treatment instead of five to seven more rounds of treatment. All my recent biopsies from the upper and lower GI were benign and I am looking forward to not doing that again for a while. After my body rest from the chemo, one of the last treatments they will give me is stem cell therapy. This will be a month-long treatment that requires isolation. I am telling you all of this because I want you to know that everyone is going through something. Julie is going through her set of issues; I am going through my set of issues, and you are going through your set of issues. All of us need to know somebody cares. All of us need to be held up from time to time. All of us need His peace and His care. All of us need to be faithful through the journey. It is true that God is often best seen through the trials of life. Anyone can be faithful through the easy times, even though those seem to be the time’s complacency sets in, but faith is most clearly seen in the trials of life. When the world says, “I would give up if I was you” if you keep walking in faith, your life is a light to all who are watching. So, no matter what your trial is today, keep on walking in faith because the glory of God is shining through. In Him J. Tom Washburn

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't have said it more beautifully! Amen. You got to just keep on trucking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news Tom! Continued love and prayers for you and Julie.

    ReplyDelete