Thursday, June 3, 2010

When you Share what Is real To you.

Last night (Wednesday Night) I shared in class a little of my true heart. It is a scary thing to share what is real and precious to you because it means that if they don't like or approve of that, they don't approve of you, at least that is how it feels.
Last night I shared that we need to reach out beyond our circle. I shared that at times the church can believe itself to be warm and welcoming while they are really just polite. I shared that if we are really going to be a people that believe the Bible is enough we shouldn't be afraid of just giving Bibles to people without making sure we teach them all of our stuff. I shared that it matters how we live and how we present ourselves and our church to the world. I shared that it may even matter where we sit, because visitors make judgments about us according to their points of reference.
And so today I sit and wounder if they understood what was said and I wounder if they will reject me.
I did share one other thing, I am interested in converting people to Jesus Christ, not to the church. People are added to the church but they are saved by Christ alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment