Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Junk

Have you ever noticed how much junk we all have? Julie and I are boxing things up for a move, and I find myself looking at some things and asking "Why are we moving that?". The only thing junk does is weigh down the load.
In my life I know there is some junk that needs to be thrown away. I don't need to be weighed down any longer by the old life. I need to be free to follow God at a moments notice.

Heb 12:11
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.(NIV)

There are only a few things I really need in this life, and most of them will fit in my heart.

In Him
J. Tom Washburn

No comments:

Post a Comment