Thursday, June 11, 2009

Think On Those Things

Phil 4:8-9
8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-- think about such things.9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me-- put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.(NIV)
As I sit in my empty office, I can not help but notice how empty the walls appear. Walls are meant to have memories stored on them, pictures of family, remembrances of places visited, and accomplishments proudly displayed. It is empty in my office now and somehow that place that I once went to think and study seems lonely.
I have often wondered why God wants me to think on things that are lovely and the like, I think I understand it better now. God wants me to look at the pictures He has hung all around me and in me. Pictures of His creation, and pictures of His people. Those things give me comfort and those people give me encouragement in the journey of this life.
So think on those things.

In Him
J. Tom Washburn

No comments:

Post a Comment