Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I Thank My God

There are many people who believe that their spiritual walk is private. These people don’t see the value of church or the value of sharing their faith. They believe their personal and private relationship with God should be kept private.
Recently I was reminded of just how important The Body of Christ is. You can not give true encouragement to yourself. You can not lift yourself up when you fall. You can not hold yourself when you need comforting. You can not accompany yourself when you need a companion.
I am blessed to know, that I have partners in the faith who cheer for me. I am blessed to know that I have faithful friends who will stand with me. I am blessed to know that I am a part of a greater body, and Christ is the head. I am blessed to know that I have friends.
Like Paul I can say “I thank my God every time I remember you.” Phil 1:3
And like Paul I can say “First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world.” Rom 1:8
May God be glorified as all of us share our lives and faith with everyone who has an ear to hear.
In Him
J. Tom Washburn

No comments:

Post a Comment