Wednesday, July 29, 2009

There is a Lion out there


Have you ever noticed that there is fear in places you don't belong.
Last night I was sitting in the back yard, watching the storms (no lights at all), I was startled by the scream of a cat. I knew better than to be outside with no light, but I thought "It's only a little ways out there". If I had brought a light, there would have been no fear, but in the dark the scream of a cat brought fear to my heart. Needless to say I was through looking at the storm and I fumbled my way back into the house were there was all the light I needed to feel safe.
In my Christian walk I also need to carry The Light with me, because there is a cat out there, who doesn't want to scare me, he wants to devour me.
1 Pet 5:8 .... Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.(NIV)

So my friends - keep your light with you, and keep it turned on.

In Him
J. Tom Washburn

No comments:

Post a Comment