Friday, July 31, 2009

What does Today hold?


It is kinda fun waiting expectantly. When I was a child, Christmas was that time of year when I found myself waiting expectantly. What was in the big box? Did I get what I wanted? Will it be all I had hoped for? Now that I am older, there are more occasions when I find myself waiting expectantly, all of those things I have talked to God about. Today could be the day that the house sells. Today could be the day that we hear the cancer is gone and the treatments are over. Today could be the day that God brings a seeker into my life. Today could be ... Today is a gift from God and I can hardly wait to see what is in this big box.

James 1:17
17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
(NIV)


In Him
J. Tom Washburn

No comments:

Post a Comment