Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Life to the full

Jesus says in John 10:10 "... I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.(NIV)"
Jesus didn't say "come unto me so that you can avoid stress", Jesus didn't say "come unto me so that you will avoid illness", Jesus didn't say "come unto me so that you will have a zone of protection all around you." Jesus DID say in John 16:33 "...In this world you will have trouble."He goes on and says " But take heart! I have overcome the world.(NIV)"

We sing a song that says "This world is not my home, I'm just a passing through." When we learn to live with that understanding, the trials of life seem somehow lighter. When we learn to live with that understanding, the journey seems more like an adventure than a battle.

God help me enjoy the adventure, because I know you have already won the battle.

In Him
J. Tom Washburn

No comments:

Post a Comment