Thursday, July 30, 2009

Home is where your God is


There are days I need to be reassured, reassured that I am not in this alone. Everything inside of me says I should run home, shut the door, put on my comfortable clothes, curl up and go to sleep. Home. Home is my sanctuary. Home is the place where I can be me, the real me.
I guess the question I need the answer to is, "is God there?" When the real me shows up, is God there? I want Him to be, I need Him to be, but in my attempt to get away from everything that is pulling at me, have I also pulled away from God?
Moses said
Ps 90:1
Lord, through all the generations you have been our home!
(TLB)
I know the only place to find peace, is at home, with God.
So God over the next few weeks, months and years of my life, make my home in You. While I wait for the tension of life to fade (2 house payments and 2 house full of utility payments)do what you said you would do in
John 14:23
"If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.
(NIV)
God come and make your Home with me.

In Him
J. Tom Washburn

No comments:

Post a Comment