Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cyphonocerus ruficollis



I must admit, I love looking at the stars, on a moonless night. Away from the city lights, it is amazing how bright, clear and spectacular the heavens are. God amazes me.
I remember as a child, not only seeing the stars at night, I also remember seeing stars in the trees and in the fields, at least I thought they were stars, my dad called them lightning bugs or fireflies.
You don’t see fireflies much anymore, those little bits of heaven flying down here on earth, but when you do they seem spectacular to me.
Christians are like fireflies, little bits of heaven here on earth. They show the glory of God in the dark world we live in, and they make you dream of heaven.
Today I want to challenge you to let your light shine for all to see, and the world around you will be blessed.

1 Pet 2:12
12 Live such good lives among the pagans that,… they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.
(NIV)

In Him
J. Tom Washburn

1 comment:

  1. Great analogy. We are like bits of heaven floating around. Barbara

    ReplyDelete