Friday, September 18, 2009

Some Things Change - Some Things Don't


I love remembering how things were "in days of old". I like watching old television shows like Andy Griffith, and George Burns. I like remembering summer days when mom would just tell us to be home by supper. I like remembering drive in theatres, banana seat bicycles, party line phones, record players, and ice cream trucks.
It seems like so many things in this world have changed. Change isn't bad, it isn't good, change is just change. Change can make me uncomfortable, but it will keep coming, that is why I am glad that there is at least one thing that will never change.

James 1:17-18
17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.
(NIV)

God will never change, that is why I am putting my life, and hope in Him.

In Him
J.Tom Washburn

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Tom -

    I really appreciated your blog entry. I am the exact same age as you and so I have some of the same great memories. I've "Google alerted" a bunch of words that have to do with the '70s so I came across your blog. I recently wrote and released a book all about growing up in the '70s. You can take a look at it here: http://www.my70sbook.com. I also have just started to do daily entires on my blog of even more memories of growing up in the '70s.

    I like to focus on the fun and positive things that I remember from the days of our youth... It's easy to find negative things all over, so I celebrate the good things that we had.

    I do enjoy your encouraging words. I have been active in the music ministry at my church for the last 20 years. I am thankful for finding spiritual gems on the web that brighten my day.

    Let me know what you think id you take a look.

    Thanks, and God bless!

    ReplyDelete