Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Shaving


As I looked at myself in the mirror this morning, I was reminded that I needed to shave. The first thought that went through my head was "I just shaved yesterday, why do I have to do this every day?". Every day (well almost every day) I go through the same ritual, I look at myself in the mirror, examine the scruff that seemed to grow when no one was looking, then I let the razor do its work.
As I went through my routine this morning it occurred to me that shaving is a lot like how I give my life to God.
First, I need to do it every day.
(Ps 145:2 Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever.
(NIV))
Second, I need to examine the scuff that has grown in my life.
(2 Cor 13:5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. (NIV))
Third, I need to let Christ do His work in me.
(Phil 1:6 ... He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.(NIV))

Today as you begin your morning ritual, don't forget to do the truly important things, those things that remind you "Who God Wants You To Be".

In Him
J. Tom Washburn

No comments:

Post a Comment