Friday, April 8, 2022

A Humble Act

One of the hallmark passages about Christian living is Titus 3:1-2. As I go through this journey of illness, I need to be reminded of the heart of a follower. It is easy to become stubborn. It is easy to become depressed. It is easy to become centered only on my struggles and forget those God has placed on the path that needs to see the heart of God through me. Despite the struggles and pain that sometimes come, I am always called to show the spirit of Christ to everyone who is watching. Listen to what Paul writes to the young evangelist: Titus 3:1-2 Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men. NIV Parts of that passage come easily, but humility is difficult. This past week Julie and I acknowledged that we need help in some areas of our lives. I am not allowed to lift heavy objects, and it is humbling to watch your friends do what you have always done for yourself. It is humbling, and it is also encouraging. I watched one of my friends use their life in an act that glorified God. I am not accustomed to receiving help. I have always been the one who gave help. After my friend left the house, the only thing I could think of was, “God is always faithful.” Today if you have an opportunity to do good, do good. If you are the recipient of an act of kindness, be grateful and look up, God may have just sent you an act of encouragement to remind you of His great love. On a health note – next week is the week for labs and the end of round 4. Thank you for your continued prayers and encouragement. In Him J. Tom Washburn

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy your blogs. God has really worked through you for me in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete