Friday, April 15, 2022

Just Over The Next Ridge

2 Chron 15:7 But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded." NIV Many years ago, Julie and I led groups of teens on backpacking trips. The first day was always the hardest because most of the first day was about climbing a tall mountain. The one phrase we heard repeatedly was “how much further?” I would respond, “it is just over the next ridge.” My goal was to keep the teens from sitting down and giving up. I knew that if they kept putting one foot in front of the other, eventually, we would reach the comfort of camp. This past week has been a tough week. I feel cruddy, and I am tired of being sick and weak. It would be easy to give up and sit down, but I know that is not the answer. I need to keep putting one foot in front of the other, and eventually, something will change. I have asked myself the question, what am I supposed to learn. The answer is encouraging. I have learned that God is still in control. I have learned that I am not the only one who can do some things. I have learned to accept help, and now I am learning to be still and trust God and trust others. I will be glad when the nausea is no more, but I hope I never forget the lessons I am being taught. In Him J. Tom Washburn

2 comments:

  1. I can relate in alot of ways Tom. Once it's over it will have seemed like no time at all. But boy it's a struggle in midst.

    ReplyDelete