Thursday, April 21, 2022

It’s not Over until It’s Over

First days can be difficult. After your first yard workday, you are sore in places you had forgotten about all winter long. After your first day of weightlifting, you are sore in places you didn’t know could be sore. After your first day of serious running, you question why you did such a torturous thing to your body. We all want the results, but a journey must be taken to achieve those results. There are no real shortcuts in the process. James puts it this way in James 1:2-4 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. I have been told about a great outcome in my cancer walk, but I still have a journey ahead of me. This week has been difficult. I was given good news (mild remission), and I must continue taking the drug that makes me hurt and gives me a fever. While this is the last month (for a while) that I need to take this drug, I still need to go through the journey to get to the place where they need me to be. I have been told of a great outcome in my Christian walk (salvation and a home in heaven), but I still have a journey ahead of me. Some days will be difficult, but the promise is still true. I still need to go through the journey to get to the place where God wants me to be. May we all be faithful through the journey until we hear the trumpet. In Him J. Tom Washburn

2 comments:

  1. Your faith at such a difficult time is a great encouragement to me personally. I am blessed to be a prayer partner with. You on your journey.

    ReplyDelete