Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Good News and Better News to Come

This week the Doctor gave Julie and me some good news. He said I was in mild remission. He took me off all my medications except the one that makes me weak, sore, and nauseous. We are now waiting for the next step. Julie and I are now waiting for a call from U.T. Southwestern so we can get started on preparing for the Stem Cell procedure (they will kill my immune system, remove my stem cells, clean them, and put them back in me). Julie and I will go through this month-long procedure and recovery after my body has rested and no chemo medications at all (Yea). I want to thank all of you for your prayers and concern during this six-month journey; yes, this started in October. For the next two weeks, I will continue to have all the symptoms I am currently experiencing, but I can see a brief respite. It seems like a long time since I have not carried a high level of pain and nausea, but I am looking forward to that day. Over the past six months, I have learned many lessons. I have learned to accept help, let others do what they can do, humility, and be reminded of what is essential. People don’t need to be comfortable with Christ; they need to be confronted with Him. I have been reminded, with a laser focus, that this life is not all there is; in fact, this life is not the best there is. I have also been convicted that Jesus Christ is my salvation's basis, root, and total sum. I am saved because I am in Him, not because of who I am or what I have done. I am saved because He is enough, and His promises are true. I don’t need to fret over my past because it has been forgiven. I can sleep at night because I know. My prayer is not for long life, my prayer is for eternity, and I have the same prayer for you. That prayer is only answered In Christ Alone. I want you to have His peace, and I want you to experience the blessing that comes from being involved in His Body. Life may be short, but His promises are true, lean into His promises and receive His blessings. In Him J. Tom Washburn

4 comments:

  1. I'm excited and encouraged by your good news. Continued prayers for relief and healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing prayers for you and Julie💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good comments and good news Tom. Bonnie, me and our zoom group are praying daily.

    ReplyDelete